ABOUT GEN-I GROUP
The GEN-I Group, which comprises GEN-I, d.o.o. operating in more than 20 countries, is one of the fastest growing and most innovative players on the European energy market. With 15 subsidiaries, we connect Germany and France in the West, to Georgia and Turkey in the East. Our global presence in wholesale energy markets enables us to generate numerous synergies by exploiting our extensive market expertise, highly qualified trading personnel, and efficient organization and business processes, which are maintained to the highest standards.
A centrally coordinated trading infrastructure is linked effectively with local wholesale markets, creating a platform of excellence and facilitating our sales and origination activities in local markets.
With infrastructure in two core business activities, trading and sales, we enable all of our business partners (i.e. producers, utilities, energy traders and end-customers) to take full advantage of the opportunities that arise in the energy markets.
We are looking for a Proprietary Trader who will join the team in Ljubljana.
YOU WILL PRIMARILY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- trading power and gas across the liquid markets (CWE markets)
- managing a proprietary power trading book
- identifying, developing, and implementing trading strategies
- supervising and continuously tracking open positions and assuming the responsibility for a healthy P&L and risk balance arrangement
- formulating, mapping and improving processes in the areas of energy trading and risk management to ensure robustness, efficiency and excellence
You will also mentor and assist in development of junior/intermediate traders and share know-how and knowledge across teams and with other traders. You will work closely with our Analytics teams in development of advanced market analysis and trading strategies.
- Bachelor's/MSc degree in engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, or related technical field
- at least 5 years of effective power and gas trading experience on CWE markets a proven track record
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- excellent understanding of CWE power and gas markets, especially Germany and France
- excellent analytical and mathematic skills
- detailed understanding of fundamental data analysis
- knowledge of regulatory environment and processes
- able to manage large sets of data, strong attention to detail
- high level of computer skills: Excel – essential, VBA, Python - basic knowledge
- strong communication and negotiation skills
- commercial mind-set with a clear understanding of financial risk and option value
- strategic thinking and goal orientation
- able to cope in dynamic environment with rapid business growth
- a good team player
- excellent English language skills
PRIMARY WORK LOCATION: Ljubljana
By OECD Slovenia ranks above the average in job and earnings, housing, health status, social connections, education and skills, work-life balance, environmental quality, and personal security. Slovenia's capital city Ljubljana earned the title »European Green Capital in 2016« that put it on the map of leading sustainable, green, tourist and innovative cities. Quality of life comes first here! Ljubljana is up-and-coming, young and vibrant, filled with culture, sport and an ever-evolving food scene. You won't have a hard time getting around, as Slovenia is the world's 6th most English-proficient country.
If you’re interested of becoming a part of our GEN-I team, please apply by sending your CV to our e-mail email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!