Switching suppliers has never been simpler
Imagine being able to switch suppliers simply and free of any stress? GEN-I simplifies the entire supplier switching process for you and sends you the contract directly to your email address. You are able to sign the contract with a single click, without requiring any special certificate.
You will find all the data required for switching on your last bill from your current supplier.
Select the way to switch supplier that suits you the most:
- complete the online form in its entirety by yourself;
- complete the online form and upload a photo of the bill of your current supplier, and we will send you a contract pre-completed with your data; or
- contact us at 080 1558 and arrange everything through a quick call.
How long does the process of switching suppliers take?
As soon as we receive the signed contract, we begin the process of switching suppliers with your distribution system operator. The switch will be completed within 21 days after our request is submitted. We will inform you regularly of developments in the supplier switching process.
The process of switching suppliers is very simple:
1. You complete the entire online form for switching suppliers yourself or choose to upload a photo/pdf of your most recent natural gas bill in the second step of the online form, on the basis of which we will prepare the contract documentation for you.
2. When concluding a contract electronically, the entire contract documentation is sent to your email address. You can then sign these documents electronically through a single click.
3. When concluding a contract in paper form, the entire documentation is sent to your permanent address. An envelope with prepaid postage will also be attached to the documentation. Please use this envelope to return a signed copy of the contract.
4. Leave the rest to us.
The following information is required to switch suppliers:
- personal information of the contract signatory (first name, surname, permanent residence and tax number);
- contact information of the contract signatory (i.e. telephone number and/or email address);
- number and address of metering point;
- personal information of the metering point owner, if the owner and signatory are not the same person; and
- current account number if you wish to arrange payment via direct debit (standing order).
You can also find this information in the contract on access to the distribution system. Provide one of these documents prior to completing the form for switching suppliers. Our friendly consultants can assist you in completing your form via our toll-free number 080 1558, from Monday to Saturday, from 8 am to 8 pm.
The switch is usually completed within a few days, but no later than 21 days following the submission of the application to the distribution system operator.
No. Switching suppliers will not lead to any disruption in natural gas supply.
No. The supplier cannot impact the quality of supplied natural gas.
No. The consumption readings will be provided to us by your distribution system operator.
Yes. Withdrawal from the contract is free. However, you must first settle all your liabilities to GEN-I. If you terminate the contract, you are required to conclude a new supply contract and complete the supplier switching process.
The signing of a new contract is mandatory in three instances:
- if you established a new connection to the network, i.e. in the event of a new-build that to date had yet to be connected, or if reconnection is required (if the consumption point had been disconnected for any reason whatsoever);
- if you are the new owner of a metering point or if changes to a metering point occurred, i.e. due to the transfer of a metering point to someone else (sale of real estate); and
- when switching natural gas suppliers.
The taking of meter readings will continue in the same manner as prior to the switch, with the distribution system operator remaining responsible for this task even after the switch is complete.
No. Once you have sent the signed contract back to GEN-I, you have nothing else to do. We take care of all procedures and the termination of current contracts on your behalf at no extra cost.
No. The supplier switch takes place within the system, and this does not require any intervention on your installations or in the network.
Yes, we use a similar classification, but only for calculating network charges. This classification does not impact natural gas supply prices up to consumption group CDK8. The price of natural gas throughout Slovenia is the same for all consumption groups up to CDK8.
Your distribution system operator is the owner and operator of the gas network to which your consumption point is connected. Your distribution system operator is defined geographically and cannot be selected. Your natural gas supplier supplies gas within this gas supply network. You can select your supplier freely and also replace them at will.
No. Switching suppliers is free of charge.
Connection to the natural gas network is carried out in several phases.
First, the distribution system operator (DSO) must be sent an application for the granting of consent for connection (the application is posted on the website of most DSOs). If there are no grounds for refusal, the DSO grants consent for connection and concludes a connection contract with you.
After the connection contract is concluded, the DSO completes the connecting gas pipeline (all the conditions must be met and monetary liabilities settled to conclude the connection contract).
You must conclude a natural gas supply contract with us or with a supplier you select to establish an actual natural gas connection.
When we receive the signed contract documentation from you, we submit it to the distribution system operator, with which you arrange the connection itself.
GEN-I enables the conclusion of a contract remotely without any special certificates. You only require a computer or mobile phone, an internet connection and email address. After a contract is concluded remotely, we send all the contract documentation to your email address. With just one click on a button in the email, you sign the documents. After clicking the button, a copy of the signed documentation will be sent to your email address, while another copy is sent to the operator of the distribution system who is responsible for the recording of switches and changes to metering points. We inform you as soon as we receive their response.