Switching suppliers has never been simpler
Imagine being able to switch suppliers simply and free of any stress? GEN-I simplifies the entire supplier switching process for you and sends you the contract directly to your email address. You are able to sign the contract with a single click, without requiring any special certificate.
You will find all the data required for switching on your last bill from your current supplier.
Select the way to switch supplier that suits you the most:
- complete the online form in its entirety by yourself;
- complete the online form and upload a photo of the bill of your current supplier, and we will send you a contract pre-completed with your data; or
- contact us at 080 1558 and arrange everything through a quick call.
Prior to signing the contract, you can view a sample contract for household customers here.
You can also view a sample contract for small business customers here.
How long does the process of switching suppliers take?
As soon as we receive the signed contract, we begin the process of switching suppliers with your distribution system operator. The switch will be completed within 21 days after our request is submitted. We will inform you regularly of developments in the supplier switching process.
No. Switching suppliers is free of charge.
The process of switching suppliers is very simple:
1. You complete the entire online form for switching suppliers yourself or choose to upload a photo/pdf of your most recent electricity bill in the second step of the online form, on the basis of which we will prepare the contract documentation for you.
2. When concluding a contract electronically, the entire contract documentation is sent to your email address. You can then sign this documentation electronically through a single click.
3. When concluding a contract in paper form, the entire documentation is sent to your permanent address. An envelope with prepaid postage will also be attached to the documentation. Please use this envelope to return a signed copy of the contract.
4. Leave the rest to us.
The following information is required to switch suppliers:
- personal information of the contract signatory (first name, surname, permanent residence and tax number);
- contact information of the contract signatory (i.e. telephone number and/or email address);
- number and address of metering point;
- personal information of the metering point owner, if the owner and signatory are not the same person;
- current account number if you wish to arrange payment via direct debit (standing order).
You can also find this information in the contract on access to the distribution system. Provide one of these documents prior to completing the form for switching suppliers. Our friendly consultants can assist you in completing your form through our toll-free number 080 1558, from Monday to Saturday, from 8 am to 8 pm.
The switch is usually completed within a few days, but no later than 21 days following the submission of the application to your distribution operator (i.e. local electricity distribution company).
No. Switching suppliers will not lead to any disruption in electricity supply.
When making the switch, we will obtain the meter reading automatically from your distribution operator for meters that facilitate remote readings. If your meter does not facilitate remote readings, we will contact you after the switch is confirmed and request that you provide a meter reading.
No. The supplier cannot impact the quality of supplied electricity.
Yes. Withdrawal from the contract is free for household customers, who are required to settle their liabilities to GEN-I prior to that withdrawal (electricity bills, potential liability for damage, etc.). In the event of contract termination, you are required to conclude a new supply contract with the selected supplier and complete the supplier switching process.
The signing of a new contract is mandatory in three instances:
- if you established a new connection to the network, i.e. due to a new-build that to date had not been connected, or if reconnection is required (if the metering point had been disconnected);
- if you are the new owner of a metering point or if changes to a metering point occurred, i.e. due to the transfer of the metering point to someone else (sale of real estate); and
- when switching electricity suppliers.
Reading will be taken in the same manner as before a switch. The distribution operator remains responsible for this task even after a supplier switch.
No. Once you have sent the signed contract back to GEN-I, you have done everything that is required. We take care of all procedures regarding the termination of current contracts on your behalf at no extra cost.
No. The supplier switch takes place within the system and this does not require any interventions on your installations or in the network. Your distribution operator remains unchanged after the supplier switch.
No. This can only be done by the distribution operator (your local electricity distribution company), regardless of the electricity supplier you select. You can conclude an electricity supply contract with us that you will need to arrange the connection.
Use the informative calculator to calculate your savings. Enter the date from your current electricity bill and see the difference. The data regarding the one-year difference is especially convincing. Please take into account that the calculation is only informative.
First, you must obtain consent for connection from your distribution operator, which is geographically determined (Elektro Celje d.d., Elektro Ljubljana d.d., Elektro Maribor d.d., Elektro Gorenjska d.d. and Elektro Primorska d.d.). Based on that consent, a connection with be installed in the event of a new-build. You then conclude an electricity supply contract with GEN-I.
On the basis of data provided, you will receive all the required documentation in a few days via email or by regular post to be signed after you have read and reviewed that data. If you receive the contract documentation in electronic form, only a single click is necessary for signature. After that click, we receive the signed documentation automatically. If you receive the documentation by regular post, please return signed copies of the contract and any other documents in the enclosed envelope with prepaid postage.
After receipt of the complete documentation, we will provide you with a copy via email or regular post. On the basis of an electricity supply contract signed by both parties, you can arrange a connection at a distribution operator and sign a contract on the use of the end-customer system.
No. An electricity supply contract does not include a commitment for household customers.
You can still switch your supplier, but you have to make the required change to your metering point (change in payer and/or owner of the metering point). Instructions regarding the arrangement of changes can be found here. You can contact us for further information and explanations from Monday to Saturday, from 8 am to 8 pm, via our toll-free number 080 1558.
Of course. In order to switch suppliers, simply complete our online form. The owner of the metering point or the holder of consent for connection must sign the necessary consent for your connection, and thus gives their consent to your use of the metering point.
GEN-I enables the conclusion of a contract remotely without any special certificates. You only require a computer or mobile phone, an internet connection and email address. After a contract is concluded remotely, we send all the contract documentation to your email address. With just one click on a button in the email, you sign the documents. After clicking the button, a copy of the signed documentation will be sent to your email address, while another copy is sent to the distribution system operator who is responsible for the recording of switches and changes to metering points. We inform you as soon as we receive their response.