GEN-I, d.o.o. is a Slovenian-based company with two shareholders: GEN energija, d.o.o. and GEN-EL naložbe, d.o.o. Each shareholder owns a 50% participating interest in the Company.
The Company operates in line with the rules of a single-tier system of corporate governance, taking into account the provisions of the agreement concluded between its shareholders, and other constituent documents of the Company and Group: the basic business policy for the period 2007 to 2016 and a memorandum of association.
GEN-I owns a number of subsidiaries, allowing it to successfully pursue its strategy of expansion to foreign markets.
The GEN-I Group is active on the following markets through its own subsidiaries: Austria, Italy, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Ukraine and Georgia.
The Group’s subsidiaries are fully owned by the parent company GEN-I, d.o.o., except the Turkish subsidiary in which GEN-I holds a 99% ownership stake (the remaining 1% is also indirectly held by the Company).
Subsidiaries have at their disposal the complete infrastructure required to trade electricity and natural gas products. The infrastructure required for the sale and supply of energy to end-customers is also in place on eight markets.